Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hola

I have been taking a Spanish class on Monday nights to become fluent in Spanish. Well I hope someday I will be. My employer will pay for it and then I can communicate with my Spanish speaking patients. Frequently I have patients come in for their echocardiogram (the exam I perform) who don't speak a lick of English or they have their 7 year old translate for them. So I decided to take this class to overcome this issue. Plus a bonus for me is when I become "fluent" by my employer's standards, which shouldn't be too hard, I get an automatic $1/ hour raise. A raise for free! How great is that. And I am enjoying it so far. Shawn asked me the other night while I was practicing my new words, "Do you talk to each other in Spanish at class?" Of course!

No comments: